Skip to main content

Playstation State of Play Predictions (May 2024)


The State of Play is Today! I wanted to put out my predictions, basically so that I can say 'I
TOLD YOU SO' when they are all correct. Or so that I can subtly delete this blog post if I am wrong and deny it ever existed. Anyway, lets did into my predictions for State of Play for May 30th 2024.


Astrobot Platformer Game

I have an idea for this game, it is a third person platformer Mario 3D World Style, where each level is based around a different Playstation IP. For instance there is a God of War Level, a Spider-Man level, an Uncharted Level etc. Astrobot's Playroom was a love letter to Playstation and we all loved seeing little bots dressed as popular Playstation characters. Also it is about to be the 30th Anniversary of Playstation, so a great way to celebrate would be like Kingdom Hearts but with Playstation IP. Perhaps Astrobot also earns new abilities from each of these worlds.



Lego Horizon

There has been a lot of rumours that this will be shown at the State of Play and I think it makes complete sense to show this there. I have heard rumours that it will be in a Lego version of the Forbidden West map and will be a stand alone game. I think we will see perhaps a very short cinematic trailer and then a 'Coming 2026'.


Silent Hill 2 and date and it will be soon

So we all know that Silent Hill 2 remake is on it's way and we also know that there is a Silent Hill showcase right after the State of Play. So it makes sense to show the game briefly at the SOP and then go into more detail at their own showcase. The reason I think the game will be soon is because, if there are doing a full showcase, it is very likely the game is just about done and they have plenty to show. I would maybe even say October 2024 as a good time for it to release. 

Concord by Firewalk Studio

"Concord is a bringing together of peoples. It’s the power of games to build connection and inspire social play. The Firewalk team is driven by the type of exciting, unexpected moments and shared experiences that multiplayer games create. Every time you log on is the beginning of a new adventure and every match is an opportunity for a new story. It’s these ideals that define Concord, its unique universe of vibrant worlds, and its rich cast of colorful characters." - Playstation Blog

Concord is a PVP Sci-Fi shooter by Firewalk Studios. The game is said to be launching this year, so it only makes sense that we see it now so they can start building the hype!


Alan Wake 2 DLC

Remedy claimed that there would be 2 DLCs for Alan Wake II releasing in 2024 and we have not heard anything. I think it only makes sense that they come out today to reassure fans that they will still be seeing these games this year. I think we will see the first one dropping within the next couple of months and perhaps the second one begin delayed to 2025.

Insomniac Wolverine

This one is my wildest prediction and I stand by it. Insomniac announced their R rated Wolverine game September 2021 (I know, time has flown). I think Insomniac will be ready to show a gameplay trailer. Also we have Deadpool and Wolverine coming out next month, Insomniac can jump on the hype train and get people even more excited! This is probably the game I am the most excited about so maybe it is just wishful thinking.

These are my 'pie in the sky' predictions for the showcase. Honestly if I saw just two of these predictions I would be satisfied. What do you all think? Are you excited? What are your personal predictions?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Kyle Banks: Developer Of Upcoming Game 'Farewell North'

'Farewell North' is an upcoming indie title from Kyle Banks and 'Mooneye Studio'. I am particularly excited about it because it is about two things I love - Scotland and dogs! I was lucky enough to get an interview with Kyle about the game and the studio. But first, here is a quick description of 'Farewell North': 'Restore color to the desolate islands of Farewell North, an open world journey where you play as a border collie on an adventure with his owner through the Scottish Highlands. Explore land and sea, solve puzzles to reveal hidden paths, evade monsters, and free wildlife to bring color back to the world, all while revealing an emotional story about saying farewell. Farewell North is about a woman on a personal journey deep in the Scottish highlands with her border collie, the player character. Dealing with a declining mental state and the emotions of a tragic loss, all color has left her world and it's up to you to bring it back as you aid her o

Farewell North Review

Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Windows, Xbox, Mac Release Date: 16th August 2024  Farewell North is a masterclass in storytelling by developer  Kyle Banks that takes you on a physical and emotional journey through the remote islands of northern Scotland. In Farewell North you play as a border collie called Chesley as you help your human through grief and support them as they try to move forward with their life. The game really nails the feeling of being a dog. Not that I have ever been a dog, but you know what I mean! You are encouraged to explore, dig, and chase wildlife to help your human companion on their journey. I particularly liked a mechanic where in certain areas a path may be blocked, so you have to look at it through the gap between two trees to unblock the way. It is almost like this game explains all the bizarre behavior that dogs have, and made me see things from a dog's eye view!  There were a few moments in which you had to herd sheep and these sections I did find a l

Crow Country Review

Platforms: PS4/5, Xbox Series S/X, Microsoft  When playing a specific section of Alan Wake II earlier this year I said to myself 'not enough horror games are set at an abandoned theme park.' Indie developer SFB games read my mind and said "don't worry dude, we got you!". Take the eerie sounds of Silent Hill, the resource management and puzzles of Resident Evil and the sprite design of the original final fantasy VII and you have yourself  'Crow Country'. Crow Country is a survival horror, PS1 looking, game that even includes tank controls and overly difficult aiming! It is exactly what I want from a survival horror and the game left me nostalgic and pining for more games like this. Now, don't worry there is an option to use modern controls, so don't let that put you off, I am just a crazy person and wanted to feel the frustration I felt all those years ago playing Resident Evil 1 for the first time! Exploring this game is an absolute treat! It is so